ride.vn (“we”, “us”) is a business division of the FalaBrat LLC, headquartered in the Singapore. ride.vn is an online platform
In this notice, each of the properties and ride.vn is referred to as “platform”. When we refer to the “Service” in this Privacy Notice, this means the provision of the content on the platforms to the user.
This notice explains why our platform collects information concerning its users (“user”, “you” or “your”), what type of information we collect and how we use that information. This Privacy Notice applies to any such information collected via any platform which displays it (or a link to it).
This notice has been last updated on 20 August 2019.
- What data we collect
When a user interacts with the platform may collect certain data about that user. This data falls into 2 broad categories:
- data about a user themselves, which the user gives us; and
- (ii) data about the user, or the way a user interacts with the platforms or Services, which is collected by us electronically (collectively “User Information”).
We collect the following User Information in accordance with applicable law:
- information that users provide to us, directly or via a third-party registration service for the purpose of registering with us or our group companies;
- a user’s entry details for a competition or promotion;
- information users provide to us when users interact with our customer service team;
- information users provide when users participate in our surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information from a user’s social media profile to populate their profile on our platforms, and where the users chooses to register with us using their social media login(s);
- information users provide relating to reviews or ratings, favourite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans.
- information about user interactions with our platforms, and any direct communications the user receives from us (such as emails);
- device IDs or unique identifiers, location data, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, website and app navigation, IP address and standard web log information;
- the language choices made by users in relation to their use of the Service, which may include information relating to their location when using the Service;
- the details of any third-party digital property (such as a website) that referred or linked a user to the platforms, together with information about how a user interacted with any online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service;
- information and communications on forums on the platforms, including chat rooms and message boards;
- information about how users behave on our platforms (such as the type of content they view, how frequently, at what times etc).
- How & why we use the data we collect
We use the User Information for three main purposes:
- to operate and improve the platforms and to ensure that we can provide the Services;
- to optimise the content on the platforms; and
- send marketing and show advertising to our users.
More specifically, we will use the User Information to do one or more of the following things:
- administer our platforms;
- provide the Service requested by the user;
- improving the browsing experience by personalizing the Service to the user;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to the user or contact users in order to conduct market research (with the consent of the user, where necessary). For these purposes, we will create a profile about your interests and preferences which will enable us to increase our advertising and communication relevance;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering and enforce our terms;
- to notify users about changes to our Service;
- send out email alerts, text messages notifications or device notifications in relation to our Service;
- send users prizes won via the platforms, and supply services purchased via our platforms;
- send notices and invoices to users, and collect payments from them;
- provide third parties with statistical and other information about our users as required to operate the platforms or Services;
- deal with enquiries and complaints;
- provide our commercial partners with information about users’ use of co-branded services, including historical use data;
- comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise to any respond to any relevant regulator or competent authority as required by law;
- understand user trends and patterns; and
- develop aggregate analysis in respect of our users and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
More specifically, in relation to advertising:
- we employ User Information to select and deliver advertising that appears on our platforms, and to allow third-parties (such as ad servers) to do this on our behalf;
- we employ User Information to select and deliver advertising to users based on the way the user has interacted with our platforms, and to share that information with third-parties to allow them to do so;
- we may pass User Information to service providers, such as Google, to allow them to provide services on our behalf or to partner with us in selecting and serving ads for our advertising partners;
- we may pass User Information to advertisers or third-party publishers to allow us to report on the advertising displayed to our users and how users interacted with it;
- we will not employ User Information to make qualitative judgments about individual users, nor make automated decisions in relation to users which could have a significant or legal effect on them, nor will we knowingly engage any third-party to do so.
On this platform, we use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential to enable the user to navigate around the platform securely and to provide the user with Services they have specifically requested.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies enhance the functionality of the platforms by storing user preferences. For instance, they can remember your name and location, if you provide this information and the types of content you are interested in.
- Performance cookies – These cookies improve the performance of the platforms. For instance, they help pages load quicker.
- Analytics cookies – We may use third party analytics services such as Google Analytics and others. Your IP address and other information will be collected by automated means to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, identify user patterns and provide related services. For more information about how Google Analytics uses your information please click here. In addition, authentication and tracking logs will be used to compile user statistics.
- Targeting/advertising – These cookies help us serving of relevant advertisements and implement frequency capping procedures.
These types of cookies may also be placed on the platform by our business partners or service providers.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that, or opt-out as explained below. You may not be able to take full advantage of our platforms or use certain functions if you disable cookies.
- Disclosure of User Information
We may share User Information with any other platform owned or operated by FalaBrat LLC where this is necessary for business administration purposes in accordance with applicable law. We may also allow other platforms owned or operated by FalaBrat LLC to contact users with relevant offers, competitions and latest news (where they have consented to doing so, if required by applicable laws).
We may also share User Information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in connection with providing Services to our users.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to the user.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the platforms.
- if we decide to sell the business operating the Service or it is integrated with another business, we may disclose User Information to our advisers and any prospective buyer’s advisers as well as to the new owners of the business.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share a user’s personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms;
- in order to prevent fraud, cheating and money laundering we may disclose User Information and betting and gaming history to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, gaming and sporting bodies, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences.
Where relevant, we will disclose User Information and anonymized information associated with a user’s use of and interaction with the platforms to the partner on whose behalf we operate that platform, for the purposes of marketing and advertising, and to promote their own products and services.
- Your right to opt-out
If you would like us to stop sending you marketing communications you may use the opt-out link here, the unsubscribe link in our marketing communications or by amending your App settings. Although we encourage you to use the opt-out link and App settings because it is automated, you may also contact us here.
If you, or another user of your device, wish to withdraw your cookies consent at any time, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting. You may also go to www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are in Europe, or to www.aboutads.info/choices if you are anywhere else for instructions on how to disable cookies. You may opt-out from Google Analytics here. In some instances, when you opt-out, a new cookie (Opt-Out-Cookie) is placed in your web browser. This tells the third party provider to cease data collection from your browser and prevents advertisements from being delivered to you.
We understand that the security of your User Information is important to you. When handling User Information, security is paramount and we seek to ensure that User Information is protected through appropriate technical and organisational measures.
We use reasonable administrative, logical and physical controls, including password protection, to safeguard your User Information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use or modification. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your User Information in accordance with applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of your User Information.
- International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this notice.
Information which you provide may be transferred to our group companies, commercial partners, suppliers or agents located outside your country as set out in paragraph 5 above. We will ensure adequate protection of personal data transferred outside of your country as required under applicable laws. For example, if you are located in the EEA, Swiss or in the UK, we may enter into model clauses with the recipient. You may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data in these circumstances.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the platforms will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- Parents and guardians
Our platforms are not directly intended for children and should not be used by them unless supervised by a parent or guardian.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to change the practices described in this Privacy Notice at any time by posting an updated Privacy Notice. Please check here periodically. If we amend this notice, we will notify you of such amendments by means of an announcement posted on our websites and/or send a copy of the updated Privacy Notice to the e-mail address that you have provided to us. Your continued use of our platforms will amount to your acknowledgement of the amended notice.